Auckland Council has announced that it acknowledges the findings in an independent review commissioned by the North Harbour Sports Council, into the funding and delivery of community sport in the Auckland region. The report recognises areas of effective delivery across Auckland, as well as identifying areas for improvement. Mace Ward, General Manager Parks, Sport and Recreation, says they are looking forward to working with Sport NZ, Aktive and key partners to ensure that there is continuous improvement across planning, provision and delivery of sport, recreation and play in Auckland.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa