Auckland Council has announced that it acknowledges the findings in an independent review commissioned by the North Harbour Sports Council, into the funding and delivery of community sport in the Auckland region. The report recognises areas of effective delivery across Auckland, as well as identifying areas for improvement. Mace Ward, General Manager Parks, Sport and Recreation, says they are looking forward to working with Sport NZ, Aktive and key partners to ensure that there is continuous improvement across planning, provision and delivery of sport, recreation and play in Auckland.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor