The Auckland Coastguard has apologised after it made a mercy dash at the weekend – for tonic water, Newshub reports. According to Coastguard, they were offered $100 to ferry a case of tonic water to a charter vessel off Waiheke Island. While the action posed no risk and there were no other tasks at that time, Coastguard said it was not the right use for the vessel and the crew will be formally debriefed.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor