A café owner who was charged with failing to display a Covid-19 QR code has successfully eluded court by once again arguing it’s too dangerous for him to be out during Auckland’s lockdown, TVNZ reports. This is the third time that Rupa Cafe owner, Dilip Rupa, has been a “no show” at the Auckland District Court, citing his medical condition makes him a vulnerable person. Rupa is the first and only person in New Zealand to face court action due to not showing a QR code in a business.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor