The head of Auckland’s Anglican church Ross Bay says he is “highly embarrassed” after it was pointed out to him their dedicated phone line for abuse survivors was disconnected, NZ Herald reports. Faith-based institutions are giving evidence in Auckland this week at the second part of the Abuse in Care Royal Commission of Inquiry redress hearings. The bishop admitted he didn’t know how long it had been disconnected, and that they needed to improve their processes. He also apologised on behalf of the diocese and thanked all survivors who had come forward and spoken of their abuse.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa