A 21-storey high rise, costing almost half a billion dollars, will be built above one of Auckland’s new underground rail stations, Stuff reveals. The developer, Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad (MRCB), has agreed to pay $40 million to Auckland Council for a 125-year lease of the former car park site, under which City Rail Link’s underground rail station will open in 2024. The design includes 60 apartments, commercial and retail space, and a public plaza leading out of Aotea Station.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor