Aucklanders surged into the America’s Cup Village and official vantage points for the first weekend racing of the tight contest, and the first full day under Covid-19 alert level 1, Stuff reports. Crowd estimates peaked at 15,000 in the Village, which sprawls along Auckland’s waterfront. On the water, an estimated 2000 spectator boats lined mostly the Rangitoto Island side of the northern course A.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor