Media company New Zealand Herald has been banned by Team New Zealand from the America’s Cup media centre, after a disagreement over the use of copyright race video, Stuff reports. The ban is the first of a media company at a major sporting event in the country, and follows nine months of frosty relations between the America’s Cup defender, and the paper. Team New Zealand took the move after it said video productions made by the Herald repeatedly used more race footage than allowed under rights agreements, which media companies sign.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor