Team New Zealand doesn’t want an America’s Cup celebration parade, but Auckland’s mayor and the minister responsible for the Cup are both keen for one, RNZ reports. Team NZ asked for there not to be a ticker tape parade, as it doesn’t want Auckland Council and ratepayers to foot any more bills. However, Auckland Mayor Phil Goff noted the council had made an offer to have a parade and the government said it would pay for one.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor