Covid-19 has dwindled down America’s Cup 2021’s fan experience, as Kiwis avoid the City of Sails, Newshub reports. The latest Level 3 lockdowns have put people off traveling to Auckland for the America’s Cup final showdown, and the event has already been scaled back, with borders closed to international tourists. However, Level 2 restrictions now threaten it further, as the closest courses to shore will not be used until Auckland is back at Alert Level 1.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor