Air New Zealand has decided to suspend its trans-Tasman flights until at least next week, after the Australian government issued Covid-19 border restrictions, Newshub reports. Enforced quarantines for New Zealanders travelling into New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland were announced by the Australian states, following the latest COVID-19 outbreak in Auckland. The airline’s response has been to cancel several trans-Tasman flights. Customers are being contacted to discuss rebooking options and will be able to opt into credit to rebook at a time that suits them.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor