Six men appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of Auckland radio host, Harnek Singh, Stuff reports. Singh was in critical condition and needed surgery after an assault outside his home on Glenross Dr, in Wattle Downs, on December 23. The six defendants are Jagraj Singh, Hardeep Singh Sandhu, Jobanpreet Singh, Sarvjeet Sidhu, Jaspal Singh and Gurbinder, and all were charged earlier this year with Singh’s attempted murder. They appeared at the High Court in Auckland in front of Justice Simon Moore. Meanwhile, Singh has since been discharged from hospital and is continuing to recover from his injuries.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor