From next week, the Hays Creek Dam in Hūnua Ranges is set to supply six million litres of water a day to the Auckland network, as part of a $68 million dollar Watercare project, Stuff reports. Last year, Watercare announced the plan to upgrade the dam and build a new water treatment plant, reintegrating it into the Auckland water supply network to help with the region’s drought recovery. The dam has been out of service for the past 15 years.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions