From next week, the Hays Creek Dam in Hūnua Ranges is set to supply six million litres of water a day to the Auckland network, as part of a $68 million dollar Watercare project, Stuff reports. Last year, Watercare announced the plan to upgrade the dam and build a new water treatment plant, reintegrating it into the Auckland water supply network to help with the region’s drought recovery. The dam has been out of service for the past 15 years.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor