Auckland swimmers are warned to take extra cautions as several beaches in Auckland experience jellyfish blooms, RNZ reports. A jellyfish bloom is a sharp rise in jellyfish numbers within a short period of time. According to Auckland Regional Public Health, warm water is attracting the jellyfish towards shore. Beachgoers may experience “sea-bather’s eruption” rash due to jellyfish stings.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor