Waitangi Falls at Waiuku has been forced to close after a sudden spike in E.coli pollution, Newshub reveals. The popular swimming spot is so full of faeces that it stinks, and locals have expressed their disgust. It’s been more than a week since the community first noticed the pollution, only weeks after Aucklanders were told to stay out of the water at more than 50 beaches due to a similar risk. E.coli is a bacteria that can cause severe sickness, including vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor