Three major banks, ASB, BNZ and Kiwibank, shut down their Auckland branches for Monday, while ANZ and Westpac only have selected branches open, after the city moved into an Alert Level 3 lockdown overnight, NZ Herald reports. The banks released the announcement on their respective Facebook pages. The banks’ other branches outside Auckland will remain open, but social distancing measures will be in place. Financial support for businesses will be provided by the government if the level three lockdown goes beyond Wednesday. Meanwhile, people can go to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment website to get approval to travel in and out of Auckland.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor