Former Saint Kentigern College maths teacher, Dr Edward Coad, has been censured due to his participation in an Instagram group chat with former students, which discussed sex and drugs, Stuff reports. In August 2019, Coad discussed genital sizes, prostitution, binge-drinking and drugs in the chat with his former year 12 students. The discussion took place after he had left the private high school to take up the position of head of maths at Northern Southland College in Lumsden. He resigned in December 2019 during a Teaching Council investigation into his conduct.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor