Auckland Council has warned against swimming at Eastern Beach and Muriwai Beach in Auckland, after shark sightings, Stuff reports. The sharks were believed to be great whites and were spotted 600m from the shore. There have been several reported shark sightings since the fatal attack in Waihi, on January 7.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor