The search for a missing yacht off the Coromandel coast continues and a Royal New Zealand Navy ship has joined the rescue efforts, Stuff reports. Two rescue helicopters, a Coastguard vessel and HMNZS Te Kaha were deployed by the Rescue Coordination Centre NZ, after a sinking yacht made a mayday call at 6:30pm on Wednesday. Aside from having two people on board, there were no further details available about the yacht or what may have caused it to take on water. Anyone with any information or possible sightings is encouraged to contact police immediately on 111.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday