The search for a missing yacht off the Coromandel coast continues and a Royal New Zealand Navy ship has joined the rescue efforts, Stuff reports. Two rescue helicopters, a Coastguard vessel and HMNZS Te Kaha were deployed by the Rescue Coordination Centre NZ, after a sinking yacht made a mayday call at 6:30pm on Wednesday. Aside from having two people on board, there were no further details available about the yacht or what may have caused it to take on water. Anyone with any information or possible sightings is encouraged to contact police immediately on 111.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor