A safe was stolen during an armed robbery at The Beekeepers Wife in Auckland’s north-west on Sunday, Stuff reports. The robbery occurred after the restaurant had closed for the night. In a Facebook post, the restaurant described the armed robbery as a “horrendous experience” but said the team was unharmed. Police are still unable to locate the offender and investigations were ongoing.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor