The New Zealand government, through Finance Minister Grant Robertson, has decreed the Reserve Bank must take house prices into consideration, when making financial policy decisions, RNZ reports. Robertson and Reserve Bank governor Adrian Orr had exchanged communication regarding the matter, with Roberston wanting to know how the Reserve Bank will use debt-to-income ratios. He also wanted to explore the restrictions on interest-only mortgages and the risk to the country’s financial stability. Meanwhile, a suite of measures to try and cool housing demand is expected in mid-March.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor