A “wealthy” businessman, whose name was not disclosed due to suppression orders, used his powerful position to make unwanted sexual contact with three men, and then tried to convince one to drop his complaint, the High Court has heard, Stuff reports. The prominent New Zealand businessman has denied the three charges of indecent assault, and of attempting to stop a complainant from giving evidence, while on trial at the High Court at Auckland. Meanwhile, a second man faces charges of perverting the course of justice in an attempt to stop the complainant giving evidence, while a third man admitted two charges of perverting the course of justice, on February 11.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa