Police are investigating the sudden death of a man found unresponsive in the water at an Auckland creek on Monday morning, TVNZ reports. The man was discovered in the water at Meola Creek, in Westmere, at around 7am. Cordons have been placed and the public are asked to avoid the area. Meanwhile, anyone who saw or heard anything unusual in the area overnight or early morning can contact Police on (09) 302 6557.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor