A 44-year-old Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) scheme worker died in managed isolation at Auckland’s Crowne Plaza, RNZ reports. The scheme worker arrived in New Zealand on Wednesday afternoon from Vanuatu, and died at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Head of MIQ (managed isolation and quarantine) Brigadier, Jim Bliss, said the death was not Covid-19 related and had already been referred to the coroner.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor