The alleged “mastermind” of an international drug syndicate alleged to have imported a tonne of drugs into New Zealand has denied the offense, Stuff reports. Xavier Valent, also known as Harry Whitehead, was extradited from Italy but denied more than 100 charges relating to the importation of Class A and Class B drugs, and possession of the drugs for supply. The eight-month operation, called Operation Mystic, investigated an international drug syndicate which had been importing over a tonne of drugs, including methamphetamine, MDMA, cocaine and ephedrine, worth $5 million.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa