Two west Auckland men who were mistakenly arrested at gunpoint in mid-January, say police are downplaying the trauma of the experience after they were offered movie tickets and food vouchers as an apology, Newshub reports. Two weeks after their wrongful arrest, the men were still extremely shaken by the ordeal. One of the two said he was “mortified” after the pair were offered movie tickets and food vouchers instead of monetary compensation.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor