Almost 2000 tonnes of cement-like grout have blocked up a new water main pipe in central Auckland, RNZ reports. The grout needs to be dug out after a big pour on the $400 million Hunua 4 water supply project went wrong. Repair is ongoing near Khyber Pass after four months. Meanwhile, Watercare still has no idea what went wrong on the final section of the project.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor