The Ministry of Health has announced it has more than nine months worth of personal protective equipment (PPE) in stock,based on current usage rates. For “high pandemic” use rates, it is over a month’s worth, RNZ reports. The Ministry has been stocking up on PPE over the past six months in preparation for any future outbreaks of Covid-19. They have also scaled up ICU spaces, with more ventilators now available than there were this time last year.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor