House prices show no sign of slowing down at the start of the 2021, RNZ reports. Data from Real Estate Institute New Zealand (REINZ) revealed the median price for January rose a seasonally adjusted 2 percent on the month before. REINZ’s house price index hit a record high, with the annual gain more than 19 percent – the biggest annual rise since mid-2004. The national median price was $730,300. According to REINZ chief executive Bindi Norwell, prices typically eased in January as the residential property market slowed over the holiday season.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor