Woo Chan Shim, a Rotorua bus driver, was fined $4500 after he attempted to smuggle seeds and undeclared cigarettes into New Zealand, RNZ reports. He was sentenced in the Manukau District Court and pleaded guilty to the charges. Shim is a returnee to Auckland and flew in from Korea on Monday 23 September 2019.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor