Transgender Kiwis are “frustrated” that a law change making it easier to amend sex details on their birth certificates has still not gone ahead, Stuff reports. At present, people wanting to amend their birth certificate need to involve the Family Court, as well as present medical evidence of a physical sexual transition. The bill that would make the process easier – the Births, Deaths, Marriages and Relationships Registration Bill – was deferred in 2019.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor