Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says she will get vaccinated, but is “torn” over when she should get the vaccine, Newshub reports. The Prime Minister wants to protect border workers first, but also to send a personal message that the vaccine is safe. Adern knows there is a small percentage of the population who are sceptical on the safety of the incoming COVID-19 vaccines, and she wants to give them the reassurance that the vaccine is safe. She confirmed she intends to be vaccinated and has no problem receiving it in public.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor