Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced that the first batch of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 is set to arrive next week, and border workers will receive their jabs from next Saturday, Newshub reports. The first shipment of vaccines will be in the low tens of thousands and will arrive by air. The bulk will be kept in Auckland, where approved freezers are available to store the vaccine – it requires two doses and must be stored at -70C. Meanwhile, healthcare and essential workers and those most at risk from COVID-19 are next in line for the vaccination, prior to the wider population in the second half of the year.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor