A former Scout master at Auckland’s Dilworth School, who died before he could face two separate trials for historical sexual offending, can now be named, Stuff reports. Richard Charles Galloway died from cancer at an Auckland hospice on November 26. But until Tuesday, Galloway’s name was suppressed. The 69-year-old pleaded not guilty to a charge of indecently assaulting a boy in the 1970s.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor