Vikram Singh Salaria and Asha Rani were awarded $5000 by the Tenancy Tribunal, after living in a rental property which had two “distressing and frightening” rat infestations, Stuff reports. The couple lived in the Te Atatū South property with their daughter, and took Premium Property Management Limited, and Carlos Chai, to the tribunal after having to live in dirty and unmaintained conditions. They had recently emigrated to New Zealand when the tenancy began.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor