Dog owners bringing their pets to pest-free islands in Auckland are placing endangered animals at risk, according to rangers, Stuff reports. Auckland Council has received 27 complaints of dog owners breaching restrictions at beaches and regional parks since December 1 last year. Incident reports reveal dogs are arriving at the pest-free islands by boat and attacking wildlife, while “aggressive” owners are abusing rangers.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor