Government agencies plan to ramp up cyber security in response to a barrage of vaccine-related scams expected to hit during the Covid-19 immunisation campaign, RNZ reports. With other countries dealing with cyber criminals using the roll-outs to scam, director of the government’s cyber security agency CERT, Rob Pope, said e-fraudsters will always look for a new way in. Scams were usually email-based with fake logos to look legitimate. Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins warned that if people received emails out of the blue asking for personal details related to Covid-19, it was likely to be a scam. The vaccine is free in New Zealand, so any email asking for money is also fake, Hipkins added.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor