Cruise ship “Le Laperouse” which was denied entry to New Zealand last week, is stuck in the coast of New Caledonia, low on fuel with a significant storm approaching and no permission to dock, RNZ reports. The cruise ship has an economic exemption to come to the country, but was refused after Immigration denied 61 of its 90 crew visas because they are not considered essential workers. The government says the ship left Jakarta before its paperwork was processed, but the boat’s owner believes it and the crew were given the all clear to come.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor