WorkSafe took enforcement action against four managed isolation facilities last year, after reviewing their health and safety measures, RNZ reports. The assessments focused on the effectiveness of risk management and controls, the use of protective equipment, worker engagement, participation and representation. Letters were issued to the four hotels in relation to the breaches. WorkSafe says it is satisfied the matters were attended to promptly and remedied by the hotel management.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor