The use of the Covid-19 Tracer App continues to hit new highs, despite a move back down alert levels, Stuff reports. The sharp climb in the number of scanned QR codes came after Auckland was raised to Alert Level 3 and the rest of the country to Level 2, following three new community cases announced last Sunday. Ministry of Health data shows use of the app continued to rise, with the number of QR code scans increasing day-by-day to a peak of 1,851,877 on Thursday last week – the first day of lowered alert levels. This was double the number of scans on the same day, a week prior.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor