A proposal from Schools International Education Business Association (SIEBA) for school-run MIQ for international students, is “under consideration” by the education minister, Stuff reports. About 10 schools with international programmes outlined the proposal in October. The pilot phase would see about 150 students aged under 18 and a guardian flown to New Zealand to quarantine in a hotel modelled on the existing Covid-19 MIQ facilities.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa