A proposal from Schools International Education Business Association (SIEBA) for school-run MIQ for international students, is “under consideration” by the education minister, Stuff reports. About 10 schools with international programmes outlined the proposal in October. The pilot phase would see about 150 students aged under 18 and a guardian flown to New Zealand to quarantine in a hotel modelled on the existing Covid-19 MIQ facilities.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor