Stevedores, marine technicians and other high-risk workers have begun getting the Covid-19 vaccine at the Ports of Auckland, RNZ reports. Hundreds of staff who came into contact with foreign ships are now getting their injections when they turn up for work. This is part of the government’s plan to immunise border workers, and it is swinging into full action this week.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor