Stevedores, marine technicians and other high-risk workers have begun getting the Covid-19 vaccine at the Ports of Auckland, RNZ reports. Hundreds of staff who came into contact with foreign ships are now getting their injections when they turn up for work. This is part of the government’s plan to immunise border workers, and it is swinging into full action this week.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday