Auckland’s courts will operate at a limited capacity with a halt to jury trials, as the city goes into Level-3 lockdown for 72 hours following three new community cases of the UK variant in South Auckland, Stuff reports. No new criminal jury trials will start at the High Court at Auckland or the District Courts before February 18, according to Dame Chief Justice Helen Winkelmann. Meanwhile, jury trials already underway are suspended until Thursday, including the trial of the Red Fox Tavern homicide which started last week.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor