Tai Tokerau Border Control (TBC) hopes to be in control of police checkpoints on Northland’s southern boundaries, to help enforce Alert Level 3 restrictions following the new Covid-19 cases in Auckland, Stuff reports. TBC spokesman Hone Harawira said the group would be monitoring checkpoints on Northland’s southern boundary, after reports people were “just flooding through.” In January, TBC set up checkpoints in light of the Pullman Hotel community cases, despite the country remaining in Alert Level 1 at the time.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor