The Ministry of Health has revealed that the new confirmed community cases of Covid-19 are a father and his young daughter, RNZ reports. Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield confirmed the pair moved into a quarantine facility, while the mother isolated at home after testing negative for the virus. The genome sequencing result showed the new cases had the South African variant, and were also linked to the Northland woman who tested positive a week after leaving managed isolation.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor