The Cook Islands government cancelled flights from New Zealand to the Cook Islands on Friday, despite the end of the recent lockdown, Stuff reports. The decision came after three cases of Covid-19 were confirmed in the community in Auckland. Cook Islands Prime Minister Mark Brown said while the risk of Covid-19 transmission was low, there was still a level of risk for the Cook Islands.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor