CCTV cameras at Auckland’s Pullman Hotel are set to be upgraded before accepting new returnees, Stuff reports. The MIQ facility will be emptied by February 15 following three recent returnees testing positive for Covid-19 after they left the isolation facility. Covid-19 response minister Chris Hipkins said CCTV across all managed isolation facilities was upgraded last year, after people escaped. Funding was put in to improve CCTV at all facilities, however the Pullman’s cameras hadn’t yet been upgraded.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor