CCTV camera upgrades across New Zealand’s MIQ facilities are set to cost taxpayers about $6.45 million, Stuff reports. The cost was confirmed by a spokesman for Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) this week. Out of 32 facilities, upgrades have only been completed at 14. The Government announced the plans for additional thermal CCTV cameras in 2020 after people escaped the facilities. Meanwhile, alarms are also being put on doors alongside CCTV upgrades.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor