The Sounds Like Summer music festival scheduled on January 31 has been cancelled due to the two confirmed Covid-19 cases in Auckland, Stuff reports. It was supposed to be held in Omaha which is only half an hour drive up the coast from Ōrewa, where the two new cases – a father and a daughter – are believed to live.The event is expected to attract more than 1500 crowds, and Sounds Like Summer spokeswoman Jade Atkinson said it would be “irresponsible” to go ahead with the festival due to the number of people expected to attend.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor