The three new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in South Auckland have contracted the UK variant of the virus, Stuff reports. According to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, tests showed the cases were not linked to any known cases in New Zealand’s managed isolation and quarantine facilities (MIQ), but could have come from transit passengers who stay airside in the airport. Meanwhile, close monitoring will be done Monday and Tuesday to see if the cluster will increase.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor