Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is permanently closing four of its offshore offices, following a dramatic drop-off in visa volumes due to Covid-19 border restrictions, Newshub reports. Offices in Mumbai, India; Manila, the Philippines; Pretoria, South Africa; and Beijing, China are the ones to be permanently closed this year. The decision, which will see more visa processing brought back to New Zealand, means 329 international INZ staff in these cities will lose their jobs.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor